To celebrate World Environment Day on June 5, Mr Linh’s Adventures organises a 2-day trip to raise awareness to protect our environment in Ba Be National Park.
In order to improve the sense of responsibility for the community and actively participate in environmental protection, Mr Linh’s Adventures would like to ask for a hand and join forces to clean and maintain global hygiene. Help us clean up the park and do some good deeds in Ba Be National Park, one of Northern Vietnam’s treasures!
The tour is not only a great opportunity to raise public awareness on environmental issues, it allows you to take part in a great community, have some laughs, discover the park, go swimming in the stunning lake and caving, and learn about Tay ethnic culture. All in all, a deal not to miss!
The offer in details:
• Time and place:
o Place: Ba Be National Park, Ba Be District, Bac Kan Province
o Departure: June 5, 2021
o Participants: Everyone is welcome! Already booked are Mr Linh’s Adventures team, Ba Be local community and government and media reporters.
o General cleaning of the park and lake, collecting waste
o Call for people's awareness about handling and disposing of waste in the prescribed places
o Enjoy a rewarding and comfortable weekend at the most luxurious stilt house in Ba Be, Mr Linh’s Homestay
o Discover one of the 20 most beautiful natural freshwater lakes in the world and the largest natural freshwater lake in Vietnam
o Learn about the culture of the Tay and Nung ethnic minorities
o Explore one of the most magnificent caves in Vietnam
o Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be Lake (Lunch/Dinner)
o Day 2: Ba Be Lake – Hanoi (Breakfast/Lunch)
DAY 1 – June 5, 2021
HANOI – BA BE LAKE (L/D)
Meeting at the Opera House in Hanoi to start the journey to Ba Be Lake. A first stop will happen quickly for breakfast so that everyone can get acquainted!
Arrival at Ba Be National Park. Our party will stop at Ba Be Ecolodge for lunch, rest and relax a couple of hours.
Garbage here we come! We will follow a small road along the lake leading to the harbour and divide the group into smaller parties. Then it is time to launch the operation ‘Garbage Collection’. Each group will receive trash bags, gloves and garbage pliers, and be affected to an area.
As we’ll hop on the boat, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the serenity of the lake, take beautiful pictures as we travel to the following points:
• Fairy Pond: located at the corner of the third lake of Ba Be, Fairy Pond is a small pool circled by mountains, high above the main lake. It is said that in the past, the fairies used to play chess here…
• An Ma Temple: located on a small mountain in the middle of the lake, the legend has it that during the feudal war in the Lê - Mac dynasty, the defeated Mac generals ran to Puong Cave and thrived there. Following tradition, they set up the temple of the Mac family but as they worried that the Lê army would remove them, they changed the name to An Ma Temple. The two words "An Ma" in the Tay language mean "beautiful tomb," the resting place of the Mac gods.
• Widow Island: a lovely small island located right in the centre of the lake. Take a slow boat tour around the island to take photos and listen to its interesting story involving a magical white snake and a widow…
After a much needed but fastidious day, the whole group will come together and enjoy a special dinner in the Tay style followed by traditional music and dancing performances.
Accommodation: Mr Linh’s Homestay - Coc Toc hamlet, Nam Mau, Ba Be, Bac Kan
Meals: Lunch, dinner
Inauguration of the first ‘Garbage Collection’ Operation organised by Mr Linh’s Adventures in 2018
Mr Linh’s Adventures team getting ready on the shore of Ba Be lake
Boat tour on the lake with a team ready to perform
Mr Linh participating in the cleaning of Banana Island in 2019
Fairy Pond, Ba Be
Ba Be Lake
View of Ba Be Lake from Mr Linh’s Homestay
Mr Linh’s Homestay
DAY 2 – June 6, 2021
BA BE LAKE – HANOI (B/L)
Enjoy breakfast before joining in an awesome caving experience, the exploration of Lo Mo Cave discovered in 2016 by Mr Linh, who named it after his passion: adventure. A short drive will take you close to the entrance which is halfway up the mountain, cleverly covered by the jungle.
According to initial estimates, the cave stretches for around 3 to 5km, with a depth reaching 40m. The water in the cave is flowing from two different streams and meets at one point. One stream has a length of 1,5 km and the second of 2,4 km.
Inside the cave, there are many stalactites and stalagmites with unbelievable shapes which sparkle when illuminated. Bats, insects and many impressive plants will also join the party!
Get back on the bus and return to Mr Linh’s Homestay to have lunch, rest and pack up.
Say your goodbyes to Ba Be as we head to Hanoi with an arrival scheduled for 6:00 PM, on Ma May in the Old Quarter.
On behalf of Mr Linh’s Adventures team, a massive thank you to all for your support and we hope you enjoyed your experience!
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
The entrance to Lo Mo cave viewed from the inside
Sneak peek to the first 200m into the cave
First stream 300m deeper into the cave
Underwater walkway inside the cave
Small waterfall on different levels where the two steams meet
Water spider web on the cave ceiling
One of the stream of Lo Mo goes 200m deep under rock formations
A small stream leading to another unexplored cave
A high-level passage opens about 40m above with a huge column
Another small path takes you to the back of Lo Mo cave
Water s from the top down, 1500m from the cave entrance
The stream leading to a sump 400m after the waterfall
After the sump, a massive cave with rock formations
A stream flows inside the cave to the upstream
Another wall but the stream continues under it. Another adventure for another day!
PARTICIPATION RATE: 999,000 VND /person
• Mr Linh’s Homestay
• Private car (29-seat shuttle bus)
• 01x night at Mr Linh’s Homestay on a sharing basis (2 or 3 people per room)
• Meals as stated in the program (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner)
• Entrance fees to Ba Be National Park
• Boat tour on Ba Be Lake
• Equipment for caving
• 01 bottle of water/person/day (500ml)
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED:
• VAT invoice
• Insurance during the tour
• Other personal expenses
WHAT TO TAKE:
• Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
• It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat.