The calm lakes, towering karsts and jungles river cave of Ba Be are a world away from the noise of the city. Kayaking and trekking are the perfect ways to get up close and discover the peaceful park and its diverse landscapes and wildlife. After an exciting day trekking, you will be able to relax, refuel and discover local culture by staying with local families, in their traditional style homestays...
- Jungle trek inside Ba Be National Park and walk through river
- Kayaking to explore the diverse and beautiful landscapes of Ba Be
- Cross Pelu Stream and navigate some steep terrain
- Visit some ethnic village of H’Mong, Tay, Dao
- Picnic lunch with traditional food is prepared by the local people
- Expedition junge water river cave – 3km
- Do the boat trip on Nang river
- Visit the legend An Ma temple in the middle of Ba Be Lake
- Discover a magnificent Puong Cave in Ba Be National Park
- Swim in a pretty natural freshwater lake
3 days 2 night
Level of difficulty:
Active adventure tour
20 – 25km trek
Percentage of trekking:
Jungle 60%, trail 40%
150m – 600m
Small group tour:
08:00 AM at Hanoi
05:30 PM at Hanoi
US $469/ person
Day 1: Hanoi - Ba Be lake & kayaking (L, D)
Our tour guide will pick you up by car at your hotel in Hanoi about 7:30 AM to transfer you to Bac Kan. We will start by driving in the direction of Ba Be National Park for about 5 hours and have lunch on the way to the park. Arrival to the Boc Lom pier, you will learn how to paddle a kayak on rivers, take dry bags, sports equipment and life jackets... From here, you will continue to travel down the Nang River to explore the huge Puong cave by boat and kayaking. Then, you will cross the Nang River and pass through some steep terrain with many cat ears cliffs. We can return to Ba Be Lake by motorboat. Swimming is available here. Getting to Mr Linh’s Ba Be - Jungle Lake house and enjoy your night with BBQ dinner. .
Day 2: Tham Phay cave expedition (B, L, D)
07:00 - 07:30 Pick you up at your homestay. After a thirty-minute drive, you'll reach Tham Phay Cave, the hike starts with a steep uphill leading into the forest. Some rock at the top, and then a similar slope before the trail fades and you enter the valley. Turning west of the trail is a large patch of rock for you to find your way through, with the help and direction of your guide and safety team. The precarious entrance is at the end of the forest. Enjoy some snacks before starting to explore the cave.
Tham Phay Cave is a beautiful stream cave with two underground river tributaries, where you will experience narrow passages, craggy mountains and some deep pools with very nice photo opportunities. Plants and algae cover many calcite formations. Going deeper into the cave, you will find many unusual features of the cave such as the ceiling dome and many layers of rock, giving the walls a striking appearance. You will spend about five hours exploring this 5km deep river cave, which geologists have not discovered so far. Of course, we will provide you with the necessary equipment, such as helmets and powerful headlights. The cave expands considerably as you go through the original entrance and offers some great opportunities for excellent photos.
Enjoy a few snacks before continuing the journey to explore the 2nd path of the cave system that possesses miraculous stalagmites millions of years old, dangerous sinkholes and heat flows at the bottom. Leaving Tham Phay, you will return to the cave entrance and return to the homestay.
Day 3: Ba Be Lake - Hanoi (B, L)
After breakfast, you'll take a boat across the lake to visit Tay's ethnic Temple then hike to jungle peak, where allows you to enjoy panoramic views of the forest with great photo opportunities. Trek through the trails to the cave of the prehistoric man. The car picks you up here before driving back to Hanoi. You will stop for lunch at a local restaunrat and arrive Hanoi in the late afternoon, where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Experienced local guide.
- Ba Be lake boat trip
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Safety and caving equipment: caving helmets, caving headlights, gloves
- Basic canvas hiking boots (only if you don't have your own) sizes 36 - 46
- Water and picnic lunch
- Professional English speaking guide and safety assistant
- Porters to prepare meals and pump water
- Shared dry storage case for small phones and cameras (limited quantities for larger cameras)
- Water filter (only used by guide and porter)
- Eco-friendly compost toilet using western-style toilet at lunch spot
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (applicable to instructors and porters only)
- Dry box prepared in case of high water level
- Safe storage at Mr Linh Adventures - Ba Be Headquarters to store your luggage that you won't take with you when you go backpacking
What to take:
+ 1 long pants (easy to dry) and 1 long sleeve shirt to wear during the trip (quick dry)
+ 1 pair of hiking boots / shoes - difficult terrain, good shoes are required
+ 1 change of clothes after the tour
+ 1 pair of thick calf-length woven socks (not ankle socks!)
+ Medium sized backpack (25 L) for your water bottle, personal belongings and cave helmet provided
+ Personal belongings: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera
+ Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
+ It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...
Have a good journey!