This trekking adventure takes you through some of the most remote regions, through breathtaking scenery to the villages of Dao and H’mong people. Along the way you will meet many local people and have the chance to experience life in rural Vietnam.
- Jungle trek inside Ba Be National Park and walk through river
- Explore the diverse and beautiful landscapes of Ba Be
- Cross Pelu Stream and navigate some steep terrain
- Visit some local family of H’Mong ethnic people
- Picnic lunch with traditional food is prepared by the local people
- Visit the stilt houses and school of the Dzao people
- Do kayaking tour on Nang river
- Discover a magnificent Puong Cave in Ba Be National Park system
- Swim in a pretty natural freshwater lake
4 days 3 night
Level of difficulty:
60 – 75km trek
Percentage of trekking:
Jungle 70%, trail 30%
150m – 600m
Small group tour:
08:00 AM at Mr Linh's Adventures - Ba Be
05:00 PM at Mr Linh's Adventures - Ba Be
$502 / person
Due to weather conditions, the itinerary may need to be changed shortly. The road can be muddy and slippery after the rain. Tham Phay Deep Forest Adventure Tour features one of the highest levels of adventure in Mr Linh's Adventure tours.
Day 1: The scret part of forest (L, D)
07:00 - 07:30 Pick up at your hotel in Ba Be and drive 1 hour to Mr Linh Adventure office in Bo Lu. Here you will get a travel safety brief, sign the release form, and get the necessary equipment for the tour.
The trip begins with a 1.5 km walk on a flat road through Bo Lu village, a lakeside village of the Tay ethnic group, followed by a steep climb to the entrance to Na Phoong cave, a relic where Viet Minh was a hiding base during the anti-French period.
Climb about 3km of low canopy forest road to reach the top, downhill into Pac Ngoi valley for another 5km. Cross the valley to discover a stop in the village with many challenges waiting in the afternoon.
Enjoy a picnic lunch under the forest canopy and continue to move to Lung Quang for another 5km and then drop down to the road to Silver WaterFalls. Coming here, you will have time to wade in the water, drop yourself into the refreshing waterfall after a long hard day.
End the day with a dinner hike prepared and served by the porters. After dinner, enjoy the evening games before sleeping in your comfortable tent.
- A 12-15km trek
Day 2: Caving and jungle part (B, L, D)
After breakfast, the day follows with packing up and walking out of the camp. explore the 3000m length of Tham Phay Cave
Tham Phay Cave
is a beautiful stream cave with two underground river tributaries, plants and algae cover many calcite formations. Going deeper into the cave, you will find many unusual features of the cave such as the ceiling dome and many layers of rock, giving the walls a striking appearance. You will spend about five hours exploring this 3km deep river cave, which geologists have not discovered so far. Of course, we will provide you with the necessary equipment, such as helmets and powerful headlights. The cave expands considerably as you go through the original entrance and offers some great opportunities for excellent photos.
Enjoy a few snacks before continuing the journey to explore the 2nd path of the cave system possesses miraculous stalagmites millions of years old, dangerous sinkholes and heat flows at the bottom .
After the second cave, the return is the same route to main road. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant in after a welcome shower.
After lunch transfer to Pac Ngoi village
for another hike to Hin Dam
, this parts of jungle is amazing view with terracce rice field. To night we camping and have dinner next to a Dzao ethnic village.
- 15-17 km trek
Day 3: On the trails and ethnic villages (B, L, D)
After breakfast in the tent, the trail is a big rock for you to pass, continue into the forest valley and walk for about 2 hours to Ban Vai
viewing point, this part of the forest is very dense and wet before coming Nang River
Walk along the river to reach Puong cave
, a large cave with many stalactites and Nang river flowing through. Trekking further 3km will reach to Cam Ha village
, a village of Tay ethnic people living on the riverbank, enjoy lunch with the villagers before continuing the journey to Dau Dang waterfall
, a fracture of the Nang River. Tonight we will pitch our tent near the waterfall area, have dinner and spend the night.
- 15-17 km trek
Day 4: The last parts of the forest (B, L, D)
Your ultimate hearty breakfast for the ultimate trek over the waterfall. The trip begins with the sound of flowing streams and a long steep rock. Take your time and your safety team will support you along the way. The next 3 km is up and down through the forest to reach the highest point. Stop at the ledge to enjoy the view and have a light lunch. After lunch, the trail is generally flat or downhill through the rainforest for several kilometers, only occasionally steep.
15: 00-16: 00, you go to the street to drink cold water to welcome. Move to Mr Linh's Homestay
18:00, Gala Dinner with the group tour guide, safety team..
- 15-17 km trek
- Accomodation overnight in the jungle
- Experienced local English speaking guide.
- Tent, dry bags, sports equipment and life jackets
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets.
- No extra charge after confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
Tham Phay cave expedition:
- Safety and caving equipment: caving helmets, caving headlights, gloves
- Basic canvas hiking boots (only if you don't have your own) sizes 36 - 46
- Water and picnic lunch
- Professional English speaking guide and safety assistant
- Porters to prepare meals and pump water
- Shared dry storage case for small phones and cameras (limited quantities for larger cameras)
- Water filter (only used by guide and porter)
- Eco-friendly compost toilet using western-style toilet at lunch spot
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (applicable to instructors and porters only)
- Dry box prepared in case of high water level
- Safe storage at Mr Linh Adventures - Ba Be Headquarters to store your luggage that you won't take with you when you go backpacking
What to take:
+ Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
+ It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...
Have a good journey!