This two-day trekking tour takes you from the peaceful shores of Ba Be Lake into thick tropical forests of Ba Be National Park, where you can experience the wild beauty of the jungle. This invigorating tour is great for nature lovers with a moderate to good level of fitness and a keen sense of adventure.
- Jungle trek inside Ba Be National Park and walk through river
- Explore the diverse and beautiful landscapes of Ba Be
- Cross Pelu Stream and navigate some steep terrain
- Visit some local family of H’Mong ethnic people
- Picnic lunch with traditional food is prepared by the local people on day 1 & lunch within a pictures – perfect riverside restaurant on day 2
- Visit the stilt houses and school of the Dzao people
- Do the boat trip on Nang river
- Visit the legend An Ma temple in the middle of Ba Be Lake
- Discover a magnificent Puong Cave in Ba Be National Park system
- Swim in a pretty natural freshwater lake
2 days 1 night
Level of difficulty:
20 – 25km trek
Percentage of trekking:
Jungle 60%, trail 40%
150m – 600m
Small group tour:
08:00 AM at Ba Be Tourism Centre office
05:00 PM at Ba Be Tourism Centre office
US $50 / person
Day 1: Trekking to remote ethnic villages (L, D)
This will be a vigorous but rewarding day of trekking. Firstly, your local guide will take you to visit Coc Toc Village where you can meet some of the local people and find out about their lives fishing, farming and living in Ba Be. You will then venture into more difficult terrain as you cross the Pelu Stream and head uphill to Nam Dai Village which belongs to the Dzao people. You will stop here to meet some local villagers and have a picnic lunch. In the afternoon you will explore the surrounding area of delightful hills and valleys, see stilt houses and visit the school of the Cash Dao children. You will have dinner at the local homestay in the Na Nghe Village where you will spend the night.
Day 2: Dau Dang waterfall, Puong cave and Ba Be Lake (B, L)
After breakfast at the homestay, you will follow the trails to Nam Dai Village and continue through the thick forest to visit the picturesque Dau Dang Waterfall which borders the two provinces of Bac Kan and Tuyen Quang. You will stop near the waterfall at the restaurant of Mr Hien, aka The Ba Be Pirate for lunch before taking a boat ride up the Nang River to the explore the tunnel of Puong Cave and view the amazing array of rock formations that lace the walls and ceiling. On the way back, you will visit An Ma Temple before returning to the lake shore restaurant for dinner and a night in the homestay.
Kayaking is available on day 2. If you would like to go kayaking on Ba Be Lake, please let us know at the time of booking or contact us in advance
- Experienced local guide.
- Ba Be lake boat trip
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets.
What to take:
+ Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
+ It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...
Have a good journey!