Lo Mo Cave is a major new discovery in the north and another great reason to visit Ba Be National Park, an area of limestone karst mountains surrounding spectacular lakes. This cave is yet to be documented by geologists and is sure to bring out your inner explorer.
- Trek inside Ba Be National Park
- Expedition water river cave – 3km
- Be watching the most beautiful stalactites blocks are formed naturally
- Swim in a pretty natural freshwater cave
- Lunch with traditional food is prepared by the local people
Full day tour
Level of difficulty:
3 – 5km trek
Percentage of trekking:
Jungle 40%, trail 60%
Small group tour:
08:00AM at Ba Be Tourism Centre office
3:30 PM at Ba Be Tourism Centre office
You’ll be picked up at the homestay after breakfast for the main event of your tour. After a quick drive you’ll reach Lo Mo Cave, where you’ll spend about three hours exploring this 4km deep river cave, so far uncharted by geologists. We will of course provide you with the necessary gear, like hardhats and strong headlamps. The cave dramatically widens once you pass the initial entrance, and presents some great opportunity for excellent photographs. During your three hours of exploration you’ll get to enjoy the beautiful rock formations, enormous passages and even an underground river. Leaving Lo Mo, you will have lunch in the campsite then travel back to the homestay where you will have dinner and stay the night.
- Private door-to-door pick-up & -off services.
- All private transfer and transportation
- Accommodation (homestay)
- Petzl helmets and Hope Technology 1500 lumen head lamps
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Boat trip on Ba Be lake
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast ; L: Lunch ; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets.
- No extra charge after confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
What to take:
+ Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
+ It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...
Have a good journey!